We operate a discount scheme whereby you receive increasingly higher discounts depending on how much you have spent with us so far in the calendar year.
Cumulative Spend (excl. VAT) Discount
£0 - £499 0%
£500 - £999 5%
£1,000 - £1,499 10%
£1,500 - £1,999 15%
£2,000 + 20%
At the end of 2008, we will not be resetting discounts to 0% as in previous years, but will instead be implementing a discount scheme based on the previous twelve months of spending. We feel this will be fairer to customers joining as the end of a calendar year as well as regular customers.
At Babylon we believe in running the company sustainably with as small an impact on the environment as possible. We recycle, re-use and compost nearly all waste from the nursery. Pests are controlled using biological controls and organic methods and we rely on producing tough healthy plants to resist pests and diseases. We currently use more than 50% peat-free compost to produce our stock and we hope to increase this further over the next year. The nursery eco-buildings are heated and provided with hot water by waste logs and wood. Electricity continues be supplied by ecotricity. This catalogue is printed on recycled paper. Due to increased concern about plant miles and the spread of diseases, we have increased the proportion of stock sourced in the UK as well as that which we raise ourselves. We are happy to reuse our black plastic pots by bringing them to the nursery.
We will deliver orders over £250 up to a distance of 60 miles. We charge £70.00 per hour one-way to cover the costs of fuel and wages. For instance, a delivery to Oxford taking half an hour would be billed at £35.00.
Terms & Conditions
(1) Payment should be on delivery or collection.
(2) We apologise that cannot offer credit or accounts as we need to spend our time growing and selling plants rather than managing accounts.
(3) We accept payment by debit cards, cheques or cash but regret that we will be charging 2.5% for credit cards. Debit cards will be accepted free of charge. BACS can also be arranged on request.
(4) All plants remain the property of Babylon plants until paid for in full.
(5) We request a 25% deposit on orders of contract grown, reserved and bought in stock. This is non-refundable if orders are already assembled on site and stock is of an appropriate standard.
(6) In default payment, interest will be added to the outstanding account calculated at a rate of 1% per month.
(7) Any complaint must be made as soon as possible.
(8) This catalogue replaces all previous catalogue prices and terms and conditions.
(9) All prices are quoted in Pounds Sterling. Some prices may change during the year if alternative stock is bought in to replace current stock.
(10) Pot sizes change throughout the year with our propagation and potting regimes. Smaller pot sizes are often potted on for summer to create bigger more drought resistant plants.